Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s second season of content kicked off last month that took the popular first-person shooter to its next phase. Infinity Ward./Activision just dropped a new patch that will add some more updates to the game.
Today when players turn on boot up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, there will be some minor updates thanks to Infinity Ward’s weekly updates. There will be adjustments to the Uzi, updates to the playlist, and more. Dirty Old House Boat replaces Shoot the Ship as the games “24/7 map” 3v3 snipers have been replaced with a more traditional 3v3 Gunfight mode plus all Gunfight maps can be played in a new “1v1 Me Bro” format that allows for the UAV to always be on players chatter to be heard. Ground War also sees an update with a new “boots-to-the-ground” mode that removes all tanks and realism rules no longer apply.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Shoot the Ship 24/7 (replaces Dirty Old House Boat)
- 3v3 Gunfight (replaces Gunfight 3v3 Snipers Only)
- 1v1 Me Bro – all Gunfight maps. Includes an always-on UAV and the ability to hear enemy players speaking
- Boots on the Ground War – updated to regular Ground War with no tanks and removing Realism rules.
- Removed Giant Infection
General fixes include:
- Sped up sprint out time
- New attachments available through challenges!
- New.41 AE caliber change for increased damage and range
- New Uzi Carbine Pro Barrel for increased range and bullet velocity
Also, players will notice the Tomogunchi a knockoff of the popular Giga Pet, Tamagotchi, that grows as you gain experience from racking up kills while you are playing.
PC users will also see a fix that corrects an issue where the shader status bar would continue to read as paused even though it was continuing install in the background.
Other patch notes include weapon buffs Infinity Ward could squeeze into the 2/25 update:
- Increased close and mid-range damage for the AK 5.45x39mm round mags
- Reduced recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel
Photo: Activision / Call of Duty: Modern Warfare