At the famed Roots Picnic in Philadelphia, Maybach Music Group‘s, Wale spoke with Okayplayer. In this one on one interview, Wale talked about how he felt that The Roots were one of the most under appreciated acts in all of music. What is more interesting in this conversation, however, is when he speaks about the challenge of making a third album. “Third albums are the hardest, that’s what anybody says. Because you are really in it now,” says Wale. “You’ve already got two albums off your chest, and you are so much of a different person than your first album.” See more of the interview after the jump.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Wives and Girlfriends In Hip-Hop
• Bangin Candy: Analicia Chaves From Flo Rida’s “Wild Ones” Video [PHOTOS]
• T.I., Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne & More At Hot 107.9’s Birthday Bash [PHOTOS]
• Play Cloths Summer 2012 Collection ft. Stephanie “StephieSoS-xy” Arenas [PHOTOS]
• 10 Rappers That Will Prosper With A Proper Name Change
• Azealia Banks Covers Summer Music Issue Of PAPER Magazine [PHOTOS]
• Crew Love: G.O.O.D. Music’s Twitter & Instagram Adventures [PHOTOS]
• 9 Piece: Hip-Hop Drug Songs (That Are Really Anti-Drug PSAs)
• Rappers & Athletes Rocking Nike Air Yeezy 2s [PHOTOS]
More Stories From Hip-Hop Wired