Ever since Kendrick Lamar announced the name and spelling of his debut album, good kid, m.A.A.d. city, he’s been extremely tight lipped about what the actual letters stand for.
In this interview with the L.A. Leakers, K. Dot finally lets the cat out of the bag about what it really means. “It has two meanings. The first one is, my angry adolescence divided. The basic standout meaning is “my angels on angel dust,” explains Kendrick “That’s the reason why i don’t smoke. That was me, I got laced, and that’s why I don’t smoke. ”
After the explanation, he also speaks on the work he’s done with artists like J. Cole, T.I. and many more.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bangin Candy: Joe Budden’s Latest Main Squeeze Kaylin Garcia [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Eminem Music Videos Of All Time [VIDEOS]
• Bangin Candy: Wankaego Visits Hip-Hop Wired [PHOTOS]
• Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Debut New ‘Beats Pill’ Portable Speaker & ‘Executive’ Headphones [PHOTOS]
• Like A Boss: 7 Music Figures Who Have Held Executive Positions At Major Labels [PHOTOS]
• Coon Affiliated: 10 Rap Songs That Set African-Americans Back As A Race
• The Great White Hype: 10 White Rappers Who Fell Off (Or Are Barely Hanging On) [GALLERY]
• NYC High School Guidance Counselor Loses Job Over Racy Online Pics [PHOTOS]