Legendary New York rapper and recent BET Hip-Hop Awards Icon honoree, Rakim, has been working on some new music with the iconic Pharrell Williams.
During and interview with The Detroit Free Press, Rakim and Eric B have been touring off and on for the past couple of years performing their classic album, Paid In Full, in full. “I definitely want to showcase that album, as a tribute to that the fans that love it,” he says. “Hopefully we can kind of rebuild that energy we had back then and bring it back.”
You can expect Rakim to have a new single out by the end of the year, with a new solo album to follow in 2013. This would be his first solo album since The Seventh Seal in 2009.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bangin Candy: The Return Of Stephanie Monique [PHOTOS]
• Diddy Is Prince, Kanye West Is A Pirate & Big Boi Is Darth Vader For Halloween [PHOTOS]
• good kid/m.A.A.d. reactions: The 20 Best Reactions To Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album
• Chris Brown To Appear On Cover Of The Next XXL Magazine? [PHOTOS]
• No Church In The Wild: 10 Hip-Hop Moments That Got Religious Folks All Riled Up [GALLERY]
• Buried Alive: Shyne Sinks Deeper Into The Mad Rapper Abyss [PHOTOS]
• You Are Not Alone: 6 Comedians Who Rode The Crazy Train (Just Like Katt Williams) [PHOTOS]
• Coon Affiliated: 10 Rap Songs That Set African-Americans Back As A Race
More Stories From Hip-Hop Wired