DJ Mick Boogie and the good people over at Adidas drop this brand new mixtape in celebration of the (now postponed) debut of the Brooklyn Nets. Along with SLAM and XXL, Talib Kweli, Tanya Morgan, Skyzoo, Troy Ave, Mr. MF'n eXquire and Nitty Scott, MC all appear on this project.
"The idea behind the Brooklyn Originals project came from not only my love and respect for Brooklyn hip-hop artists and their music but also my excitement for the upcoming NBA season and the new era of basketball in New York," said Mick Boogie. "I thought it would be cool to combine the logos and imaging of two of the biggest brands out right now–the BROOKLYN Nets and adidas ORIGINALS–into a mixtape project that represented hip-hop to the fullest."
The full tracklist and download link for the mixtape is below after the artwork.
1. Intro – Donwill & Spec Boogie (Produced by nVMe)
2. MC Lyte – Dope Style (Produced by Caviar & OZ)
3. Troy Ave – Dope Boy (Produced by DJ Uneek)
4. CJ Fly/Kirk Knight/Rokamouth – And Eye Ain't Late (Produced by Backpack Beatz)
5. Talib Kweli & Busta Rhymes – Follow The Leader
6. Tanya Morgan – Gatekeepers (Produced by Von Pea)
7. Maffew Ragazino – Got 2 Love It (Produced by Bink!)
8. Mr. MFN eXquire – Draped In Gold (Brooklyn Originals Interlude)
9. Nitty Scott, MC – Queen Of Kings (Produced by 6th Sense)
10. Skyzoo and Torae – Talk Isht (Produced by nVMe)
11. Outro – Sene. (Produced by Chi Duly)
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!