When it comes to his concerts, XXXTENTACION just can’t seem to get a break. After catching a random fade at one of his performances earlier this summer and then canceling a Chicago show due to “unforeseen circumstances,” the controversial Florida rapper was forced to shut down his free concert this past weekend (September 2) in Tampa, FL when the local fire department deemed the venue a safety hazard.
The show was scheduled to take place at The Orpheum in Ybor City, Tampa, but when fans began to flood the 750-person-capacity venue, the show’s promoter, Dope Entertainment announced that the concert was canceled due to the amount of people who showed up.
After the announcement the fans in attendance began to chant “We want X!” but to no avail.
According to HipHopDX, X took to IG to address the situation before deleting the post.
“Tampa, my deepest apologies, I drove all the way down here, I drove four hours just to basically have the show canceled on me,” he said in a series of Instagram posts, according to the Tampa Bay Times. “Apparently because it was over capacity, there was at least 3,000 to 4,000 of you outside, and . . . the venue only could support 750. As far as the new free show, I’m going to try to and get a free show going, but that was the only venue that wanted to work with me, but you just bear with me, I’m going to try to work this out. For now the show is canceled, not due to my choice, it was just the venue, and the fire marshal said we could not do the show, so the show is canceled … my deepest apologies.”
At this point, we don’t know whether to chalk this up to bad luck or to take this a sign of a troubling trend for the “Look At Me” rapper.
Photo: screen cap