Playing video games is widely considered a means to decompress and relieve stress. Xbox and Calm are teaming up to give gamers and those who don’t pick up the sticks a chance to experience the stress relief gaming provides.
Wednesday, December 7, the Microsoft gaming company announced its partnership with Calm, the highly toted sleep and meditation that will see the first-ever video game soundscapes from Xbox’s first-party games Halo Infinite and Sea of Thieves.
Starting today, Calm users can relax and say woosah to the “meditative sounds of whirling waves and chattering birds from the ocean expanse of Sea of Thieves and the ambient alien sounds of Zeta Halo from Halo Infinite,” a press release stated.
Both soundscapes are available to subscribers of Calm Premium, and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate can enjoy the new video game-themed soundscapes with a new perk providing them three months of Calm Premium for free and then 50% off their first-year subscription when they sign up.
That offer is only valid for new Calm Premium subscribers.
Xbox Unveils A Set of Initiatives That Will Help Mental Health Causes
Also announced are initiatives allowing gamers to donate to causes dedicated to mental health just by gaming. They even curated a selection of games from its subscription service to help gamers escape life’s trials.
- Xbox Games Studio, The Coalition will donate 1% of net revenue from all Gears of War games and merchandise to organizations working to prevent suicide and combat loneliness. This year, players can purchase the 2022 Benefit Tee from the Xbox Gear Shop, with all proceeds benefiting Crisis Text Line.
- Microsoft Rewards members can earn and donate points to organizations supporting mental wellness, including Crisis Text Line, The Games, and Online Harassment Hotline (Feminist Frequency), and Take This.
- Xbox has also carefully curated a selection of games from Xbox Game Pass that provide an escape from the trials of life and help players connect with their unique identities, including Persona 5 Royal, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Disney Dreamlight Valley, Unpacking, and Stardew Valley.
- Xbox Ambassadors will share their personal perspective on the role that gaming has played in their mental wellness journey to help support others.
- Throughout the month of December, the Xbox Plays team will host Twitch Takeovers with guest streamers to share their favorite feel-good games, stress relief tips, and more.
Shoutout to Xbox and Calm for looking out for our mental health.
Photo: Xbox / Calm
For The Ladies: 5 Queens Confidently Killing It In Hip-Hop
AT&T Dream In Black Celebrates 50 Years of Hip-Hop
The History You Never Knew About The Hip-Hop Hits You Love
Side By Side: 8 Unlikely Hip Hop Collaborations We Never Knew We Needed
Nardo Wick's Weed Carriers Knocked Out Fan Seeking Picture, X Is Appalled
Washed Crooner Aaron Hall Getting Dragged For All The Filth After Rape Accusation With Diddy
Add It To The List: Suge Knight Claims Diddy Put His Hands On A Female Assistant For Not Telling Him About Alleged Kid Cudi/Cassie Fling
8 Things We Learned From Aaron Hall's Vlad TV Interview