Michael K. Williams, aka “Omar” from The Wire, visited Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club and talked about his upcoming role in the Ol’ Dirty Bastard biopic titled Dirty White Boy.
“This is definitely going to be a full-fledged, Hollywood movie,” Williams told DJ Envy. “It’s only going to focus on the last two years of his life when he was released from prison up until the day he died.”
The actor also discussed why the film will only focus on the last two years of ODB’s life and some of the issues the late rapper had to deal with like mental illness and getting pulled in different directions by friends and family. Williams also spoke about portraying “Omar” as well as “Chalky White” on Boardwalk Empire. Watch the full interview below.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• 10 Dope Rap Acts Who Could Not Top Their Freshman Albums
• Bangin Candy: Rico Love’s Division 1 Recording Artist, Rabbit
• Mexico’s Deadly Drug War: A Look At The Violent 5-Year Conflict
• The Awkward Moments Between Jay-Z And Freeway At The Made In America Press Conference [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of Rihanna’s “Where Have You Been” Video [PHOTOS]
• 7 Female Rap Beefs (That Didn’t Involve Lil Kim)
• Lark Voorhies (“Lisa Turtle” From Saved By The Bell) Fell Off [VIDEO/PHOTOS]
• A Bad Azz Timeline: How Lil Boosie Ended Up On Trial For Murder
Photo: Power 105.1