Hanging around Jay-Z so much may have clouded Gwyneth Paltrow’s judgment. The Oscar winner ruffled feathers, for tweeting the title “Ni**as in Paris,” in reference to attending The Throne’s show in the city of lights, over the weekend.
Paltrow’s entire tweet read, “Ni**as in paris for real @mrteriusnash (the dream) tyty, beehigh,” alongside a photo. The 39-year-old was of course flooded with criticism, the origin of which she could not comprehend. “Hold up it’s the title of the song!” she tweeted, in response to a blogger.
This isn’t the first time that a white person has co-signed the Hit-Boy produced single. French presidential hopeful, Francois Hollande, used the song as his campaign anthem in attempt to appeal to young voters. Ironically, Hollande wasn’t met with the same response as Paltrow (perhaps because he didn’t actually say or write the n-word).
In her defense, “Ni**as in Paris” is the name of the song, but should she have known better?
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Young Jeezy In The Studio With T.I., B.o.B. & More [PHOTOS]
• Diddy Courts The Weeknd In Miami [PHOTOS]
• Hip-Hop Clichés That Made MCs Stars, But Struggle Rappers Abuse
• The Simp Files: Rappers Who Famously Feuded Over Chicks
• Beyoncé Posts Pics Of Atlantic City Concert [PHOTOS]
• The History Of The YMCMB vs. G.O.O.D. Music Cold War [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• 15 Flicks Of Rihanna Kissing People [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Songs Of 2012 So Far [LISTEN]
• 10 Rappers In The 40 & Over Club That Still Got The Glow
Photo: Hanny Talker
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
GloRilla "Embarrassed" By Her High School Photo Used As Ja Morant Meme
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
HHW Gaming: Blizzard Entertainment Unveils Free Limited-Edition Demon Meat Shake To Celebrate 'Diablo IV'