Rappers have been known to rock fake jewelry, but Drizzy may have taken it to a whole new level. The Ice Age: Continental Drift star is being accused of owning a stolen Rolex, reports the New York Post.
A Manhattan lawyer is suing the New York City jeweler whom he claims sold his $300,000 Rolex to Drake without his permission. James McMillan, asserts that he purchased the rose-gold Presidential Rolex from Rafaello & Co. back in 2009. Once he went to pick up the expensive watch, which he dropped off to have cleaned, McMillan was informed by a store employee that the Rolex was sold to Drake.
The 25-year-old rapper wears the watch on the cover of his Take Care album, but sources close to the Toronto native maintain that he has “never heard of” the jeweler, and got the watch directly from Rolex.
Hip-Hop Wired reached out to Drake’s people, who did not respond to a request for comment.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
•Rappers & Athletes Rocking Nike Air Yeezy 2s [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: Masika Kalysha aka The Track Star In Flo Rida’s “Run” Video [PHOTOS]
• Patiently Waiting: 10 Highly Anticipated Hip-Hop Moments That Will Probably Never Happen
• Exclusive: Behind The Scenes At Hot 97’s Summer Jam [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The Greatest Summer Songs Of All Time [LISTEN]
• Dropping Dimes: 10 Facts Revealed During Alleged Drug Kingpin Jimmy Henchman’s Trial
• Joe Budden Tweets Pics From Pre-Summer Jam Pool Party [PHOTOS]
• 10 Reasons Why Hot 97’s Summer Jam Is Rap’s Wrestlemania
• Young Jeezy In The Studio With T.I., B.o.B. & More [PHOTOS]
• The History Of The YMCMB vs. G.O.O.D. Music Cold War [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
GloRilla "Embarrassed" By Her High School Photo Used As Ja Morant Meme
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
Kanye West Files Trademark For Struggle "YEEZY Sock Sneaker"