If you’re a longtime reader of The Source magazine, you no doubt remember The Last Word column that ran on the last page of the magazine for years. It was actually a timely illustration by artist/journalist André LeRoy Davis aka A.L. Dre that hilariously and wittily covered a Hip-Hop trending topic, before the advent of Twitter, Facebook or where you get your social media fix.
The good A.L. Dre recently revived The Last Word and Hip-Hop Wired will start running the artwork. The latest features bottle tossing, team light skin representative Drake and Chris Brown. The image is rather timely considering a promoter has offered up $1 millions to see the rapper and crooner step in the ring and shoot the fair one. Make sure to peep A.L. Dre on Facebook.
Peep The Last Word, plus images showcasing how Dre got to the finished piece, in the gallery (click the #’s below).
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• 8 Racist Cartoons Targeting President Obama [PHOTOS]
• Patrick Ewing’s ‘Ewing 33 Hi’ Signature Sneakers Official Images [PHOTOS]
• Kanye West Performs At Revel Resort In Atlantic City [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• IL Clan del Wu Book Captures Images Of Wu-Tang Clan’s 2010 Reunion [PHOTOS]
• The Meaning Of The 5%: A Look At The Nation Of Gods And Earths
• Wired 25: The 25 Best 2 Chainz Guest Appearances [LISTEN]
• 7 Black Musicians Who Died of AIDS [PHOTOS]
Photos: A.L. Dre
Tekashi 6ix9ine Catches The Fade In Florida LA Fitness, Twitter Has No Sympathy
LA Fitness Staff Rushed Tekashi 6ix9ine To A Safe Room After He Caught The Hands & Feet
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Twitter Says Gunna Is On Fade Notice After Tekashi 6ix9ine Got The Brakes Beat Off Him
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
Baes & Baddies: Supremely Stacked Shadée Monique Is More Than Just Joe Budden's Boo
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]