When Sean “Diddy” Combs was exonerated of gun charges stemming back to a shooting at Club New York in 1999, he paid off all of the hospital fees of the victims of the shooting. In court documents revealed yesterday according to the New York Post, paid $850,000 out of his own pocket to settle claims by victims of the notorious 1999 shooting at Club New York.
Sean Combs and her then girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, were partying at the now defunct Club New York with Jamal “Shyne” Barrow when money was allegedly thrown in the direction of the crew. A fracas ensued and shots rang out in the club, fired by Shyne. Some innocent bystanders were shot in the melee and the victims sued Combs for damages.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Get Rich: A Timeline of Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson’s Biggest Business Ventures
• 10 Awesome Rapper-Inspired Tumblr Pages [PHOTOS]
• 7 Awkward Moments From Mitt Romney’s Presidential Campaign [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
• Bangin Candy: Bronx Bombshell Mayoli Sena [PHOTOS]
• Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Gets Deluxe “Purple Tape Cassette Box” Reissue [PHOTOS]
• Sons: 8 Rappers Whose Children Made Headlines For Allegedly Breaking The Law
• The Pelican Brief: A Bird’s Guide To “Making It” In America [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Winners Of The Summer Of 2012
Tekashi 6ix9ine Catches The Fade In Florida LA Fitness, Twitter Has No Sympathy
LA Fitness Staff Rushed Tekashi 6ix9ine To A Safe Room After He Caught The Hands & Feet
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Twitter Says Gunna Is On Fade Notice After Tekashi 6ix9ine Got The Brakes Beat Off Him
Baes & Baddies: Supremely Stacked Shadée Monique Is More Than Just Joe Budden's Boo
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode