HipHopWired Featured Video

Arachnophobia is a condition that affects millions of Americans but one Seattle resident definitely took attempts to exterminate a vermin to a dangerously scary level.

An unidentified man set his house on fire, causing $60,000 worth of damage when he got the bright idea to grab a blowtorch when he saw a spider on the wall.

Reports MSN:

The man and his mother got out of the house, and no injuries were reported in the fire that broke out in the West Seattle home Tuesday night, said Kyle Moore, a spokesman for the Seattle Fire Department.

Moore said the man used the spray paint and lighter as “a self-made blowtorch to kill a spider in the laundry room” of a rental house.

“I don’t want to encourage people to do this, but that’s what he did,” Moore said Wednesday. “The spider tried to get into the wall. He sprayed flames on the wall, lit the wall on fire, and that extended up to the ceiling.”

Fire crews were called to the home in the home just south of Seattle just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters initially battled the blaze from the outside after getting reports that there may be ammunition in the home. Crews eventually went inside the house after confirming from tenants that there was no ammunition inside.

The man initially tried to put water on the fire, but he wasn’t able to put it out and the blaze spread quickly spread into the attic.

“There are safer, more effective ways to kill spider than using fire,” Moore said. “Fire is not the method to use to kill a spider.”

They don’t breed this kind of stupid everyday, folks.

Thumb through the pictures from the local news coverage below to see the damage he caused to the house as the Red Cross steps in for timely assistance.

Photos: KIRO 7

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12Next page »