DMX reportedly passed out and stopped breathing in a hotel parking lot before he was saved by quick thinking cops. Initial reports said the Yonkers rapper suffered an asthma attack, but evidence points to an alleged drug overdose.
It’s a lot worse than the story DMX’s people were putting out … that he suffered an asthma attack.
Yonkers cops responded to a call about an unconscious male at a Ramada Inn just after 6 PM. We’re told when cops arrived DMX was on the ground in the parking lot next to a parked car. Cops quickly determined he was lifeless, not breathing with no pulse and immediately began CPR.
After a minute of CPR X’s pulse came back.
A witness on scene told cops DMX had ingested some sort of powder before lapsing into unconsciousness. Cops gave him Narcan, an antidote to narcotic ODs. DMX became “semi-conscious” and was taken to the hospital.
Get well soon, X.
And if it turns out that this was some sort of drug overdose, get help, please.