The market for rare adidas Yeezy’s means plenty of money to be made by flipping pairs for exponential resale prices. Unfortunately, it also means that sellers have become vics, getting met a with gun in their face instead of a profit.
Gothamist reports that numerous adidas Yeezy sellers have been robbed at gunpoint between April and July in NYC. Reportedly six people have been robbed by a pair of Brooklyn suspects.
The compiled list of “liberated” goods is a hypebeast’s wet dream.
- On Friday, April 28th at approximately 10:40 a.m., an individual removed 21 year-old male victim’s Adidas sneakers in front of 2597 Bedford Avenue.
- On Friday, May 5th at approximately 9:40 a.m., an individual simulated a firearm and removed the 18 year-old male victim’s Yeezy sneakers in the vicinity of Avenue D and East 25 Street.
- On Friday, June 16th at approximately 3:40 p.m., two individuals approached 17 year-old male victim in the vicinity of Cortelyou Road and East 21 Street and displayed a firearm. The individuals removed a pair of Yeezy sneakers and fled.
- On Friday, June 23rd, between 11:50 a.m. and 12:06 p.m., the individual displayed a firearm inside Burger King, located at 2848 Church Avenue, and demanded the 16 year-old victim’s property. The individual removed Yeezy sneakers, an iPhone, and a backpack.
- On Monday, July 10th, at approximately 11:54 a.m., the individual displayed a firearm to the 18 year-old male victim inside Burger King, located at 2848 Church Avenue. The individual removed the victim’s Apple Watch and $229 in cash.
- On Wednesday, July 12th, at 11:10 a.m., the individual walked up to the 20 year-old male victim inside the Newkirk Avenue “5” train subway station and punched him in his face. The individual removed two pairs of Yeezy sneakers and fled.
Although adidas Yeezys retail for $220 (the Yeezy Boost 350), resale prices go as high as 2500 depending on the size and model.
If you must flip those kicks (and can’t roll posse deep to the sale meet up spot), holla at the homies at consignment shop Stadium Goods. You won’t have to worry about catching a slug or a fade.
Oh yeah, there’s video of the suspects.
Photo: adidas Originals