Fans of the St. Louis Rams would do well to batten down their hatches as a gust of change is headed their way, and if public opinion still counts for anything, it is more than likely going to be one that most will not like.
Admitted racist, bigot, drug-addict, right-wing fringe dweller, and all around A$$ hole, Rush Limbaugh, is apart of a team that has entered a bid to purchase the St. Louis Rams.
Working in in tandem with Dave Checketts, Chairman for the St. Louis Blue hockey franchise, the move by Limbaugh is seen by some as an attempt for the xenophobic hate monger to gain a measure of revenge for having been booted from his post as an NFL analyst nearly six years ago.
Currently it is unknown whether Limbaugh and Checketts bid will include the 60% owned by the children of late owner Georgia Frontiere or the 40% in Stan Kroenke’s possession.
Limbaugh was given the boot by ESPN after stating that he felt Donovan McNabb was highly praised because he is a Black quarterback.
Famous for his hit right-wing song, “Barack the Magic Negro”, Limabaugh is also known as a great orator.
Here are some of his most famous quotes.
1. “ Look, let me put it this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and Crips without any weapons…”
2. “They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”
3. [Responding to a Black female caller] “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back”
4. “ You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James, Godspeed.”
5. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the south. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”