Dr. Dre Finds Something Else To Do Besides Release Detox
With albums sales going down and headphones sales skyrocketing, do you think Dr. Dre is in any rush to release Detox? Of course not, so why not produce a horror movie? According to Variety, Dr. Dre will produce a movie entitled Thaw with Crucial Films partner Daniel Schnider, who originated the idea.
Dr. Dre also handpicked Vik Weet to create the movie. Weet penned the script for another untitled thriller about an investitgation into the 1959 Dyatlov Pass incident, in which nine experienced hikers were found dead in Russia's Ural Mountains. Renny Harlin is directing that film.
With another very engaged project on his hands, keep sliding Detox way, way, back into your priority list.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Lil Wayne's Mansion Cited For High Grass, Not What You Think [PHOTOS]
• Finally Famous : 10 Rappers With Pasts They Wish We Would Forget About
• Shiny Suits: 10 Of The Oddest Lawsuits In Hip-Hop History
• Backstage At SOB's 30th Anniversary Show With Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Victor Cruz & More [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of "This Time Of Night (Tip Drill 2)" With Nelly And T.I. [PHOTOS]
• Hip-Hop Wired Presents: A Tribute To BET Uncut
• Nicki Minaj Shows Her Curves On The Set Of "Starships" [PHOTOS]
• Bangin' Candy: Tyga's Girlfriend Blac Chyna [PHOTOS]
• Get Off The Boo Boo: 7 Things Rappers Make Look Cool (That Really Are Not)
• 10 Rappers To Help Rihanna Get Over Chris Brown