Kelis may have been so consumed with getting into Nas’ pockets, that she forgot to keep her own finances in order. The singer, and ex-wife to God’s Son, owes the IRS over $300,000 in back taxes. According to reports, tax liens have been filed against her totaling, $330,426.
The first claim was filed in March, for $177,989, while the second was in May for $152,437. Both amounts stem from her earnings in 2004—the same year that her “Milkshake” track was named Best Single of the year, by Britian’s The Observer.
Although she and Nas are no longer an item, they clearly follow the same rules when it come to accounts payable. The Queens rapper was exposed for owing the government $6.5 million in back taxes.
Both parties were at odds over child and spousal support, with a judge ordering Nas to pay her $51,000 a month back in 2009.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Maybach Music Group Celebrates After 2012 BET Awards [PHOTOS]
• Chris Brown Gets A New Tattoo Of A Wolf On His Neck [PHOTOS]
• The Income Tax Struggle: 7 (Other) Rappers Who Skipped Out On Uncle Sam
• The Meaning Of The 5%: A Look At The Nation Of Gods And Earths
• Wired 25: The 25 Best 2 Chainz Guest Appearances [LISTEN]
• 7 Black Musicians Who Died of AIDS [PHOTOS]
• 7 Reasons Why Dr. Dre’s Detox Will Never Drop
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Wives and Girlfriends In Hip-Hop
Photo: Jennifer Brix
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral