The Carters have been defeated. Jay-Z and Beyoncé have lost the fight to stop an event planning company in Boston (and anyone else) from using their daughter’s name. Veronica Alexandra has been running Blue Ivy Events since 2009, prompting the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to send a letter to the power couple, denying their petition.
Alexandra, a 32-year-old entrepreneur, chose the name to compliment the company’s wedding theme. “I definitely needed to protect what it is I’ve been living on,” Alexandra told the Boston Herald. “Now it’s time to create the partnerships and business avenues I’m planning on doing, period.”
Jay and Bey sought to trademark their daughter’s name after her birth, in January.
Despite the decision there are no hard feelings as Alexandra stated that she“ highly respects” them both. “I can’t be frustrated with something I think is going to bring me to produce and define my brand even more, which is financially exciting in itself and intellectually exciting as well. It’s like they caused me to create more opportunity for myself.”
Further showing that there is no bad blood, Alexandra posted a message on her company’s website in honor of baby Blue Ivy Carter. “Congrats to our SOUL MATE Couple with Baby Blue Ivy!!!”
Since her birth, the Carters have kept BIC under wraps, for the most part. Although she did appear on her father’s song “Glory,” making her the youngest person in history to make it on Billboard’s charts, she’s usually kept out of the spotlight, only coming out for a helicopter ride, or to attend her father’s Watch the Throne concert.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• 10 Hall Of Fame Level Flicks Of Rapper Struggle Faces [PHOTOS]
• Politics As Usual: 10 Rap Songs That Warn Against Trusting The Government
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Eminem Music Videos Of All Time [VIDEOS]
• Bangin Candy: Wankaego Visits Hip-Hop Wired [PHOTOS]
• Coon Affiliated: 10 Rap Songs That Set African-Americans Back As A Race
• The Great White Hype: 10 White Rappers Who Fell Off (Or Are Barely Hanging On) [GALLERY]
• Bangin Candy: Rick Ross’ “Diced Pineapples” Stunner Bernice Burgos [PHOTOS]
• NYC High School Guidance Counselor Loses Job Over Racy Online Pics [PHOTOS]
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died