There’s nothing wrong with a little cross-promotion, and Nicki Minaj has perfected the move. Minaj stars in the commercial for her Pink Friday fragrance which features her track “Freedom,” off her forthcoming Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up album.
Rocking pink contact lenses, and laying in a bed of black roses, the 29-year-old gets pricked by a single flower. The blood from her finger drips onto the roses bringing light to the scenery as “Freedom” plays in the background.
No doubt picking the record to run behind the 30-second spot wasn’t a coincidence, as the song’s lyrics sound very personal, and Minaj has long dreamed of having her own fragrance.
During the first episode of her Nicki Minaj: My Truth three-part reality series, the Queens native boiled over with the excitement of being in Macy’s for her very first perfume launch.
The video fpr “Freedom” will also be an extension of how she feels about the track. “It’s definitely the most special video that I’ve ever shot,” she told The BoomBox. “We went out to the outskirts of London and it was literally hailing and we had to get the video done because we had one day. It was so cold and I’m shooting in the cold rain and hail, but it was a very dope look.”
Minaj’s fragrance is available at Macy’s and online. Check out the commercial below.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• The Afro Struggle aka A Timeline Of What In Thee F-ck Is Up With Andrew Bynum’s Hair? [PHOTOS]
• Meek Mill Clowns Cassidy On Twitter; Dismisses Rap Battle [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: Nobody’s Perfect – The 25 Biggest Fails From Rap Superstars
• In Their Falsetto: The Struggle-Voiced Singers That Hip-Hop Can’t Do Without [PHOTOS]
• 15 Things Beyoncé Wants You To Know Based On Her Tumblr & Instagram Shots [PHOTOS]
• Rihanna Opens Up For GQ Magazine, Talks Drake/Chris Brown Fight [PHOTOS]
• Beyoncé Posts Flicks From Her Birthday On Tumblr [PHOTOS]
• The Many Struggle Faces Of FOX News aka We Can’t Believe Obama Actually Won [PHOTOS]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Former BET CEO Debra Lee Reveals Affair With The Network's Founder Bob Johnson, Twitter Reacts
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Blac Chyna Gets Breast & Butt Reductions, Wants To Be A Better Version of Herself
The Tiffany Co. x Nike Air Force 1 Drop Leaves Sneakerheads In Tears
Tyga & Avril Lavigne Confirm Relationship With Paris Kiss, Twitter Is Baffled At The Unlikely Couple