CLOSE

Suge Knight & Katt Williams reunited in court yesterday, October 27 following a judge’s orders that they two had to stand trial for their paparazzo camera-jacking incident stemming from September.2014.

Reports CBS News:

Former rap mogul Marion “Suge” Knight and comedian Katt Williams pleaded not guilty Tuesday to robbery charges after a celebrity photographer accused them of stealing her camera in Beverly Hills last year.

They had previously pleaded not guilty, but needed to re-enter the pleas because two weeks ago a judge determined the pair should stand trial in the case. At that time, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Coen admonished Knight because the Death Row Records co-founder had held up a sign for cameras during the court appearance. Coen warned the 50-year-old if he did it again, his hands would be shackled to a chair.

No trial date has been set in the case.

Williams’ attorney has acknowledged that the comedian briefly took the photographer’s camera but said at an Oct. 13 hearing that he did so only to erase images of Knight’s young son. The photographer testified that a confrontation with Williams and another woman left her with a concussion and wrist and hand injuries.

Knight’s attorney denies the Death Row Records co-founder was involved in taking the camera. Attorney Thomas Mesereau said at the earlier hearing that threats Knight made toward photographer Leslie Redden were attempts to get her to not shoot photos of his son.

“The only evidence that exists is he didn’t want his son photographed,” Mesereau said. “Any father would have acted as he did.”

As you likely know, this case will simply provide a distraction for Knight, who is currently being jailed for the alleged murder of Terry Carter.

Photo: Inform Video Screenshot

comments – add yours
MORE FROM HIP-HOP WIRED
FROM SITES WE LOVE