Mayweather Sued For Ordering Assault On Man In Las Vegas
Floyd Mayweather Sued In Las Vegas
Professional boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is being sued by a 21-year-old man, who claims Mayweather ordered his bodyguards to attack him at a casino in Las Vegas last year, after the man made a comment about a long-awaited Mayweather fight with Manny Pacquiao.
Reports by ESPN state:
The lawsuit alleges Mayweather's bodyguards attacked Anthony Cliff of Las Vegas near a valet parking stand at the Palms Casino Resort on March 27, 2010, after Mayweather accused Cliff of "disrespecting" him.
Mayweather's bodyguards allegedly struck Cliff in the face, slamming his head into the ground. They then kicked him repeatedly in his back and side, the lawsuit says.
Mayweather's attorney did not respond Monday to a request for comment. A spokesman for the Palms said casino officials do not comment on pending litigation.
Las Vegas police spokesman Jacinto Rivera said that an alleged battery at the Palms involving Mayweather and his entourage was reported, but the case was suspended because witnesses and casino video surveillance did not identify any suspects.
The lawsuit accuses Mayweather of assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent hiring, training, supervision and retention of employees.
Pacquiao and Mayweather have come close to reaching a deal for potentially the most lucrative fight in boxing history multiple times, but they have yet to meet in the ring.
Mayweather has a history of court dealings.
Most recently, he failed to turn up for a court-ordered deposition in Las Vegas earlier this month in a federal lawsuit alleging he defamed Pacquiao.
Mayweather also faces felony charges stemming from a domestic argument and misdemeanor harassment and battery charges in separate cases.
Surely, Floyd "Money" Mayweather has enough cash to make this case go away, kind of like how Bishop Eddie Long paid his accusers to get off his back.
Floyd can probably settle for a lot less than $25 million, though.
Mayweather, who hasn't fought in over a year, will face Victor Ortiz on September 17th.