The Marley Family Donates $100,000 To Charity: Water
The Marley Family Supports Charity: Water With $100,000 Donation From 1Love.org
Reggae icon, Rita Marley, her son, Ziggy Marley and Rohan Marley and other members of their family gave a $100,000 donation to charity: water from 1Love.org, a not-for-profit business created with the Marley Family.
Charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. The funds were partly raised by donations and the family's businesses, The House of Marley personal audio products and Marley's Mellow Mood 100% natural relaxation beverages.
"We are so deeply grateful to have the support of so many fans, friends, and partners to provide access to clean water for thousands of our brothers and sisters in Ethiopia. The need is so great and time is so short. 1Love.org provides an online home for those who share our family's values and lifelong commitment to better the global community for which we must all be responsible," said Rita Marley.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Jigab0o Pie: Top 16 Best #PaulasBestDishes Tweets [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: Puerto Rican & Trinidadian DMV Stunner Lena Chase [PHOTOS]
• Accidental Racist: 10 Pictures Of Paula Deen & Black People
• J. Cole Goes On Twitter Rant, Says "F-ck Critics" [PHOTOS]
• Young Jeezy & Gourmet Footwear Host Brand Launch Party In Atlanta [PHOTOS]
• 10 Greatest Moments From The Epic Heat vs. Spurs NBA Finals Game 6