Vintage Jay-Z Interview Reveals Grief Over Notorious B.I.G.[VIDEO]
In honor of the 15th anniversary of the murder of The Notorious B.I.G.
, MTV dug up this 1998 interview
reflecting on the recent passing of his fallen comrade. Jay-Z
, who still looked a little visibly shaken when talking about Christopher Wallace, explained how he missed Biggie for selfish reasons.
"I know I'm sad because I can't talk to him everyday. He can't make me laugh, I can't go to the studio to hear what he's working on," Jay-Z explains. "These are all selfish reasons. I'm sad because [this] was gonna make me happy."
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Jay-Z & Kanye West's “Otis” Maybach Sold For $60K [PHOTOS]
• Get A J.R. Smith's-Eye View Of Tahiry From The Bedroom [PHOTOS]
• Kanye West's Nike Air Yeezy 2 Release Date [PHOTOS]
• Get Off The Boo Boo: 7 Things Rappers Make Look Cool (That Really Are Not)
• 10 Rappers To Help Rihanna Get Over Chris Brown
• Bangin' Candy: Drake's Ex-Flame & Twitter Buddy Maliah Michel [PHOTOS]
• That Was Me First: 10 Rappers That Made Hip-Hop History
• The Top 10 Hip-Hop Sneakers Of All-Time