The-Dream Says "Blacks Can't Do Soul Music Anymore"
Context is everything. During an interview with the UK'ss The Guardian, the The-Dream said that R&B musician's stateside aren't doing soul music anymore because it doesn't sell. “It's called rhythm and blues; they just took the blues out of it for so long," said The-Dream. "What's crazy is that blacks can't do soul records any more. We love Adele singing it, but Beyoncé singing it? No.”
He has a point there. However, artists like Jill Scott, Anthony Hamilton, John Legend, and many more, might have something to say about such a sweeping statement.
Read the rest of the story over at The Urban Daily.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Lil Wayne's Mansion Cited For High Grass, Not What You Think [PHOTOS]
• Finally Famous : 10 Rappers With Pasts They Wish We Would Forget About
• Shiny Suits: 10 Of The Oddest Lawsuits In Hip-Hop History
• Backstage At SOB's 30th Anniversary Show With Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Victor Cruz & More [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of "This Time Of Night (Tip Drill 2)" With Nelly And T.I. [PHOTOS]
• Hip-Hop Wired Presents: A Tribute To BET Uncut
• Nicki Minaj Shows Her Curves On The Set Of "Starships" [PHOTOS]
• Bangin' Candy: Tyga's Girlfriend Blac Chyna [PHOTOS]
• Get Off The Boo Boo: 7 Things Rappers Make Look Cool (That Really Are Not)
• 10 Rappers To Help Rihanna Get Over Chris Brown
Photo: Def Jam