Lil Wayne Is Out Of The ICU, Now In Stable Condition
Lil Wayne's isn't home yet, but he's on the way to recovery. The YMCMB rapper's condition has been upgraded to "stable" and he has left the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles.
Sources close to the rapper tell us ... Wayne has been moved into a "regular room" at the hospital and no longer needs intense, round-the-clock treatment after a suspected codeine overdose last week.
We broke the story ... doctors pumped Wayne's stomach at least 3 times after the rapper began experiencing severe and violent seizures. He had been in the ICU since Wednesday.
Now, we're told the 30-year-old has been walking around the hospital floor on his own -- accompanied by a team of bodyguards.
We're told he's also eating on his own ... and could even be discharged from the hospital in the near future.
The "No Worries" rapper spent six days in the ICU after suffering another seizure last Tuesday, March 12.
Earlier today, Birdman called into Hot 97 and told Angie Martinez that it was Weezy's workaholic nature, not drugs, that lead to his condition. However, TMZ maintains that Weezy was being treated for a drug binge on sizzurp which led to doctors pumping his stomach three times to remove the drugs from his system.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!