Jay-Z is in legal trouble over his Decoded book, reports All Hip Hop. According to the site, Hov has been named in a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by Patrick White, last Wednesday (June 13).
In his hand-written suit, filed in the United States District Court, Central District, White accuses Jay of unlawfully obtaining work published in the book. “In 2009, my personal computer was compromised, resulting in my personal work to be used in Jay-Z’s book Decoded which was released in 2010,” White said. “The book contains various expressions/colors/phrases, which correlates to my work. After contacting or attempting to contact the co-author, I got no reply.”
White has also named author dream hampton and publisher Random House in the lawsuit. He is seeking compensation for copyright infringement and invasion of property. Hip-Hop Wired reached out to hampton who responded with “no comment.”
Click below to see the lawsuit, which is hand written.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Crew Love: G.O.O.D. Music’s Twitter & Instagram Adventures [PHOTOS]
• Iggy Azalea Inks A Deal With Wilhelmina Models [PHOTOS]
• 9 Piece: Hip-Hop Drug Songs (That Are Really Anti-Drug PSAs)
• 6 Head Scratching Moments Of Media Struggle From Nas
• Rihanna’s Alleged Body Double Jahnassa Aicken [PHOTOS]
• Where Can You Get All Of Russell Westbrook’s Funky Shirts? [PHOTOS]
• Rappers & Athletes Rocking Nike Air Yeezy 2s [PHOTOS]
• Patiently Waiting: 10 Highly Anticipated Hip-Hop Moments That Will Probably Never Happen
• Wired 25: The Greatest Summer Songs Of All Time [LISTEN]
1 2 3 4 5Next page »
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
Former BET CEO Debra Lee Reveals Affair With The Network's Founder Bob Johnson, Twitter Reacts
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Blac Chyna Gets Breast & Butt Reductions, Wants To Be A Better Version of Herself
The Tiffany Co. x Nike Air Force 1 Drop Leaves Sneakerheads In Tears
Tyga & Avril Lavigne Confirm Relationship With Paris Kiss, Twitter Is Baffled At The Unlikely Couple