The is the sneaker that started it all. Not the game in general, but the Air Jordan 1 would help turn Nike into a global athletic apparel power, ramp up the growing legend of one Michael Jordan (even if he thought he’d “look like a clown” in them at first) and become one of the holy grails of sneaker enthusiasts. Jordan Brand will be dropping another retro of Air Jordan’s first signature shoe in early 2013.
Besides this original colorway there are gang of other flavors of the numero uno scheduled for the Spring. The Jumpman logo is on the heel and the tongue. Sorry purists, but if you see or have a pair with the “Nike Air” logo on there instead, you’re a brave soul for even wearing them.
Take a detailed looked at the OGs in the gallery. Will you be copping?
[Spotted at Sneaker News]
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• French Montana Goes Home To Morocco & Covers The FADER [PHOTOS]
• T.I. & Lil Wayne Kick It In New Orleans For Their “Ball” Video [PHOTOS]
• Freaky Flicks: 7 Rappers (Besides Kanye West) Who Made Dirty Movies [PHOTOS]
• Jay-Z & Beyoncé Go Uptown To La Marina To Promote D’ussé Cognac [PHOTOS]
• Behind The Scenes Of Big Sean & Meek Mill’s “Burn” [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: Kanye West’s Alleged Freaky Flick Co-Star Monyy Mon [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The 25 Greatest Brooklyn Anthems Ever [LISTEN]
• Money To Blow: 8 Athletes Who Lost Their Fortunes Because Of Dumb Sh-t [PHOTOS]
Photos: Sneaker News
Jamaican Cottage Owner Blasts Black Americans, Sparking Twitter Outrage
Tekashi 6ix9ine Gay Rumors Run Rampant After Rapper "Kisses" Mexican Band Singer
Janelle Monáe Covers Latest Issue Of Rolling Stone
The Nerve: Shaun King Seeks Help Paying For Medical Procedures, Receipts Twitter Attacks
The Thirst Is Real: Twitter Asking Ice Spice "Where Yo Mom At?" After Photo of Her Momma Goes Viral
Offset Shares Footage Of Him Appreciating Cardi B's Cakes
Baes & Baddies: Temptress Celebrates Body Positivity Beautifully & Boldly
Ms Jacky Oh, Romantic Partner Of DC Young Fly, Reportedly Has Died