President Obama’s comment on the use of bayonets during the final presidential debate Monday night (Oct. 22) may have been big online, but not everyone is singing his praises.
An owner of a bayonet distributor is unhappy with the commander in chief’s inference that the weapon is no longer relevant.
TMZ spoke with Dan Riker of Bayonet Inc., a Georgia company which specializes in the production of the large blades designed to fit in rifles, muskets, and similar weapons. Riker called the president “ignorant” for his words, “because our soldiers still use bayonets.”
Further driving his point, Riker suggested that the president do his research.“[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time—he should get educated on it.”
Riker also said that he didn’t vote for Obama during the last election, and won’t be doing so this time around.
In his complete statement, Obama’s didn’t peg bayonets as being useless. “We have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military’s changed,” he said.
According to the U.S. Marine Corps. website, Marines are required to complete training in the use of bayonets, which are still listed as a weapon.
In case you’re wondering, bayonets are believed to have been introduced during the 17 th century in France. Stateside, they were more heavily used by troops during the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Bangin Candy: Joe Budden’s Latest Main Squeeze Kaylin Garcia [PHOTOS]
• New Images From Iron Man 3 [PHOTOS]
• Azealia Banks Calls Out Dolce & Gabbana Over “Racist” New Line [PHOTOS]
• 10 Hall Of Fame Level Flicks Of Rapper Struggle Faces [PHOTOS]
• Politics As Usual: 10 Rap Songs That Warn Against Trusting The Government
• Coon Affiliated: 10 Rap Songs That Set African-Americans Back As A Race
• The Great White Hype: 10 White Rappers Who Fell Off (Or Are Barely Hanging On) [GALLERY]
• NYC High School Guidance Counselor Loses Job Over Racy Online Pics [PHOTOS]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
LA Fitness Staff Rushed Tekashi 6ix9ine To A Safe Room After He Caught The Hands & Feet
Tekashi 6ix9ine Catches The Fade In Florida LA Fitness, Twitter Has No Sympathy
Twitter Says Gunna Is On Fade Notice After Tekashi 6ix9ine Got The Brakes Beat Off Him
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Baes & Baddies: Supremely Stacked Shadée Monique Is More Than Just Joe Budden's Boo