HipHopWired Featured Video
CLOSE

London authorities have arrested a man in connection with a flagrant robbery of a jewelry store last week.

Police have confirmed a 50-year-old man was apprehended Monday. The man is suspected of stealing upwards of $65 million dollars worth of jewels on August 6.

Surveillance footage shows the two men in question in connection with the heist, in addition to the bracelets, necklaces, rings and watches stolen from Graff Jewellers in London. According to Scotland Yard, 43 items were swiped amounting to around $65 million cash.

On August 6, two men allegedly walking into the store in the around 4:40 p.m. and threatened employees with guns. As the thieves were leaving the store, they dragged a female employee with them, a shot was fired though no one was hit or injured, the suspects fled in a blue BMW.

The car was found abandoned and the men were believed to have switched to a silver Mercedes and later slipped into a black vehicle.

“This was a well-planned robbery with a number of vehicles used to help the robbers escape,” Detective Chief Inspector Pam Mace said in the statement.

“These men are extremely dangerous and fired at least two shots in busy London streets as they made their getaway.

“Someone knows who these men are,” she said. “They would undoubtedly have spoken about (the robbery) before or boasted about it afterwards. I would urge anyone who recognizes them, knows the whereabouts of the jewelry or has any other information to contact us.”

The video shows two men suited and appearing as if they planned to purchase jewels. Police believe one man, caucasian, is in his 30’s and second man, black, is believed to also be in his 30’s. Both men spoke with London accents.

The two men likely planned to execute the heist during the day under the impression the cameras would be disarmed, despite the crowded streets and sidewalks.

HipHopWired Radio

Our staff has picked their favorite stations, take a listen...

MORE FROM HIP-HOP WIRED