Pregnant Woman Burned To Death After Smoking In Bed
21-year-old Choy “CC” Barrington, a nurse and cosmetology student in New York, who was three months pregnant, died in a fire after falling asleep while smoking a cigarette.
According to NY Daily News reports:
Her roommates tried in vain to save the cosmetology student and geriatric nurse, who was three months pregnant, after waking in the middle of the night to find their home engulfed in smoke.
“Two weeks ago she fell asleep with a cigarette in her mouth,” said [her boyfriend Laurel] Prince, who explained he had to pull the lit butt from Barrington’s mouth as she slept. “But I was there to save her and put it out. … I wasn’t there to save her this time.”
Why was this pregnant woman, a nursing student at that, smoking in the first place?
This is a sad story, so we won’t pass judgement.