HBO’s Leaving Neverland seems to be splitting the nation in half. On one hand, you have devoted fans and family who say Michael Jackson would never violate a child and on the other, tons of folks who believe his accusers.
See how Black Hollywood has been responding.
1. “I do believe a shower in the nude. I don’t believe there was any sexual touching,” Wendy Williams said in part.
2. “Let this man speak for himself to defend his legacy…Oh that’s right…Dead men can’t speak,” T.I. wrote in part on Instagram.
3. D.L. Hughley says society gave Michael Jackson a pass because of his talent.
4. Ava Duvernay really didn’t want to have to watch the doc.
“It’s hard to explain the relationship between superstars of the 80s and their fans to people who weren’t alive or old enough to remember the decade.” Strong piece by @CraigSJ on the doc I’m dreading to watch. https://t.co/FHPi95vdlN
5. Taj Mowry defended his uncle, saying his accusers have no credibility.
You are right. I’ve been around my uncle only thousands and thousands of hours. And since my uncle is not here to defend himself, the credibility of the accusers matter. And Wade and James have none. https://t.co/fF0OgYXUBz