Kids Get Sick After Ingesting Cocaine At Elementary School
Kids Ingest Cocaine Brought By Fellow Student
A group of elementary school students ingested cocaine at a Washington D.C public school yesterday (March 17), according to police and school officials.
A number of students at Thomas Elementary school took ill after some ingested and others sniffed cocaine from a bag of the drug apparently brought to school by one of the students.
Around noon, the students involved began to complain of throat irritation. D.C. Fire and EMS was called to the school at about 12:30 p.m.
In all four students were taken to an area hospital by ambulance for observation.
A fifth was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
Parents of a sixth student extracted the child from the school.
There is an ongoing investigation as to how the child obtained the drug and managed to pass it out to other students.
The student who distributed the cocaine was charged with possession of a controlled substance.