7-Year-Old Detroit Boy Commits Suicide Over Bullying
Police in Detroit are investigating the possible suicide of a 7-year-old boy, who is believed to have killed himself because he was bullied. The child, whose identity has not been revealed, was found unconscious by his 14-year-old sister Wednesday (May 23) evening, prompting an adult family member to attempt to revive the boy.
Police rushed to the scene, revealing that the child had a belt around his neck, and apparently hanged himself from his bunk bed. The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital, and was later pronounced dead. According to a neighbor he was “cheerful,” “happy,” and “smart.”
Bullying has become a national issue, which have found many in the music community doing their part to end the epidemic. As previously reported, media personality, Nick Cannon has signed on as global ambassador of the STOMP Out Bullying, and Waka Flocka Flame launched an anti-bullying campaign at the top of the year.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Wired 25: The 25 Best Songs Of 2012 So Far [LISTEN]
• Bangin Candy – Taylor Gang’s Lola Monroe [PHOTOS]
• D’Angelo Tells GQ Mag That J Dilla Inspired Him To Clean Up His Act [PHOTOS]
• Drake Tour & Afterparty Pics With French Montana, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz & More [PHOTOS]
• 10 Rappers In The 40 & Over Club That Still Got The Glow
• Bout to Blow: 7 Hip-Hop Labels Accused Of Being Fronts For Illegal Drug Operations
• Mercy: 10 Hip-Hop Artists Who Chose To Die Another Day
Photo: M Live