Mitt Romney hasn’t tried as hard to appeal to Black voters, but he’s hoping to change things with a scheduled appearance at a forthcoming NAACP convention. The Republican presidential hopeful will address audiences at the annual convention, to be held in Houston, next month.
The conference spans six-days, with Romney speaking on the second to last day, according to his campaign.
In the past, the NAACP has been vocal with their critiques against the Republican party, which may prove to be a losing battle for Romney. Although he does have some Black supporters, the 65-year-old has been criticized for not appealing to minorities. It also doesn’t help that the NAACP has long supported President Obama, who is currently in Mexico for the G20 Summit.
Romney will address the NAACP convention attendees July 11.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• 10 Rappers That Will Prosper With A Proper Name Change
• Azealia Banks Covers Summer Music Issue Of PAPER Magazine [PHOTOS]
• Crew Love: G.O.O.D. Music’s Twitter & Instagram Adventures [PHOTOS]
• Iggy Azalea Inks A Deal With Wilhelmina Models [PHOTOS]
• 9 Piece: Hip-Hop Drug Songs (That Are Really Anti-Drug PSAs)
• Where Can You Get All Of Russell Westbrook’s Funky Shirts? [PHOTOS]
• Rappers & Athletes Rocking Nike Air Yeezy 2s [PHOTOS]
• Wired 25: The Greatest Summer Songs Of All Time [LISTEN]
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Blac Chyna Gets Breast & Butt Reductions, Wants To Be A Better Version of Herself
You Care: Kanye West Spotted With Wife Bianca Censori & Daughter On Family Outing
50 Cent To Garnish Home Of Liquor Employee Who Finessed Millions
13 Things We Learned From The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story [Photos]