Mitt Romney is doing more damage control over previous comments he made about wanting to cut the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
In the wake of Sandy—the storm which destroyed many areas on the East Coast—Romney is assuring the public that while last year he thought that disaster recovery should be left up to the state, and not the federal agency, if he were president he wouldn’t leave victims without proper assistance.
One day after dodging the questions about his stance 14 times, Romney released a statement outlining his new position. “I believe that FEMA plays a key role in working with state and localities to prepare for and respond to natural disasters,” he said.
“As president, I will ensure FEMA has the funding it needs to fulfill its mission, while directing maximum resources to the first responders who work tirelessly to help those in need, because state and localities are in the best positions to get aid to the individuals and communities affected by natural disasters.”
While President Obama has suspended campaign efforts until further notice, Romney has widened the scope of areas that he will hit to garner voters. According to ABC News the Republican candidate is moving into historically Democratic states like Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Michigan.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• The Aftermath: Hurricane Sandy Ravages East Coast, Millions Left Without Power [PHOTOS]
• Nike Air Foamposite One – “White/Black Camo” [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: The Return Of Stephanie Monique [PHOTOS]
• Diddy Is Prince, Kanye West Is A Pirate & Big Boi Is Darth Vader For Halloween [PHOTOS]
• good kid/m.A.A.d. reactions: The 20 Best Reactions To Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album
• Chris Brown To Appear On Cover Of The Next XXL Magazine? [PHOTOS]
• No Church In The Wild: 10 Hip-Hop Moments That Got Religious Folks All Riled Up [GALLERY]
• Coon Affiliated: 10 Rap Songs That Set African-Americans Back As A Race
Twitter Reacts To Yung Miami's Acting & Lil Meech Earning His Big Nickname In Latest 'BMF' Episode
Famous Women Caught With Busted Up Feet [Photos]
BET Uncut Is Not Coming Back; Here's Its 15 Wildest Videos Anyway
15 Music Stars Who Had Disturbing Relationships With Their Entourages [Photos]
Former BET CEO Debra Lee Reveals Affair With The Network's Founder Bob Johnson, Twitter Reacts
Blac Chyna Gets Breast & Butt Reductions, Wants To Be A Better Version of Herself
50 Cent To Garnish Home Of Liquor Employee Who Finessed Millions
You Care: Kanye West Spotted With Wife Bianca Censori & Daughter On Family Outing