The Internet Wins!: Pitbull "Exiled" To Alaskan Wal-Mart
An elaborate Internet prank has apparently come to fruition as a campaign to "exile" Pitbull to a remote Wal-Mart all the way in Kodiak, Alaska. For at least one day, "Mr. 305" will become "Mr. 907."
The Kodiak Walmart, which is approximately 225 miles from the state's capital Anchorage, had its Facebook page receive over 70,000 likes and the #ExilePitbull hashtag trended on Twitter. “From Miami to St. Louis we saw hundreds of thousands of fans like their local Walmart Facebook page, but Kodiak was the winner,” said Walmart spokeswoman Sarah Spencer on Tuseday to ABC News.
Despite the result, the multi-platinum artist is taking it all in stride. “I heard that Kodiak, Alaska, has the most likes due to someone that thinks he was playing a prank … but you've got to understand, I will go anywhere in the world for my fans,” Pitbull said in a viral video addressing the situation.
Pitbull is scheduled to go to Kodiak, Alaska by the end of July.
MORE ON HIP-HOP WIRED!
• Beyoncé Shows Off Blue Ivy [PHOTO]
• Rick Ross Talks Grilling Tilapia And Eating Cheese With Bon Appétit [PHOTOS]
• Bangin Candy: New Basketball Wives: LA Star Brooke Bailey [PHOTOS]
• 10 Nas Albums, 10 Memorable Album Covers [PHOTOS]
• Jason Kidd's Night Of Bad Decisions [PHOTOS]
• A Journey Through The Life And Legacy Of Nelson Mandela [PHOTOS]
• 10 Of The Most Suspect Pictures Of Sean “Diddy” Combs Ever Taken [PHOTOS]
• GLORY: 10 Rappers That Found Religion
• Bangin Candy: The Foxy & Controversial Sheneka Adams [PHOTOS]
Photo: Polo Grounds